Monday, March 30, 2009

Hey guys,

I can post this here because I know Dani doesn't read this blog. (Neither does anyone else.) But I need to write this somewhere. And I don't want to do it right now, because I'm talking over Skype and I know now how ignominious it'll sound.

...
You knew you were getting into trouble when I asked you out. I mean, you're my first girlfriend and everything. I'm completely inexperienced when it comes to love. Yeah, I had my heart broken, once. Other than that, nothing.

So you can understand, the first time I doubted the strength of our relationship, I completely freaked out. I didn't want to end up like Emily and Kyle, trapped in a relationship they couldn't seem to escape.

But I understand now that I care about you way too much. And I just want to make you happy. And yeah, I feel that way about pretty much everyone - I hate hurting people, and I'm usually pretty nice. But it's way, way more when it comes to you. Breaking your heart...is breaking my heart. And I need to stop this. I LOVE YOU.

So tomorrow morning, I'm going to say something like this. In person. Well, I say that I'm going to say it. I'm probably going to fumble through the first few words, get really embarrassed, and then just kiss you. That will probably get the message across.

Love, (sorry about there not being any comedy, guys...couldn't think of anywhere else to put this that she couldn't see)

James

4 comments:

chickenboy said...

I'm happy for you. I hope all goes well for both of you, because I love you both so much. I don't like seeing either one of you hurting. Good luck. Remember not to congratulate or beat up on yourself too much. Our decisions are all half chance.

If you need anything, you know my number.

Bishopk said...

<3

Liberal Atheist said...

"That's when I realized I can't just chuck it all away because of a moment of uncertainty, that I've got to keep falling in love and that I can't stop for anything." - conversation with Matt

DummiesCh2 said...

Actually I believe i may start reading this blog, for no other reason than to waste time. :D